Interlibrary Loan and Digital Copy Services
DML’s Document Delivery Service (DDS) provides access to a variety of materials to Georgetown University Medical Center students, faculty, and staff, and all MedStar Georgetown University Hospital affiliates. There are two main components of DML’s Document Delivery Service:
- Interlibrary Loan (ILL): this service obtains journal articles and borrows other items from outside libraries.
- Digital Copy Service: this service provides digital copies of journal articles and book chapters from Georgetown University’s Dahlgren Memorial Library.
Before placing a document delivery request:
- Search DML’s Journal Finder for articles
- Check DML Catalog for books and eBooks
- If you are still unable to locate your materials after completing steps #1 and #2, please submit a request by clicking the button below:
Document Delivery Office Hours: Monday-Friday, 9am-4:30pm. DML normally processes these non-affiliated requests within one business day after receipt.
First, please verify that DML holds the material by searching DOCLINE or OCLC. DML’s OCLC symbol is GTU. DML’s DOCLINE symbol is DCUGTU.
DML invoices borrowing institutions quarterly. Payment is due within 30 days of the invoice date. Payment may be made by EFTS or OCLC IFM, VISA, MasterCard, or by check.
Non-profit libraries: $15 per item
Questions? Contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Common questions about DML’s Document Delivery Service