Document delivery service (DDS)
DML's Document Delivery Service (DDS) provides access to a variety of materials to Georgetown University Medical Center students, faculty, and staff, and all MedStar Georgetown University Hospital affiliates. There are two main components of DML’s Document Delivery:
- Interlibrary Loan (ILL): this service obtains journal articles and borrows other items from outside libraries.
- Digital Copy Service: this service provides digital copies of journal articles and book chapters from Georgetown University's Dahlgren Memorial Library.
Before placing an interlibrary loan request:
- Search DML's Journal Finder for articles
- Check DML Catalog for books and eBooks
- If you are still unable to locate your materials after completing steps #1 and #2, please submit an interlibrary loan request by clicking the button below:
Non-GU Affiliated Organizations: Policies and Fees
Interlibrary Loan Office Hours: Monday-Friday, 10am-5:30pm. DML normally processes these requests within one business day after receipt.
First, please verify that DML holds the material through our DML catalog (for books) or Journal Finder, then request materials through DOCLINE or OCLC. DML’s OCLC symbol is GTU; DML’s DOCLINE symbol is DCUGTU.
Libraries without DOCLINE or OCLC accounts may submit requests via Dahlgren Library's ILLiad system. To obtain login information, call 202.687.1029 or submit a contact form to the Interlibrary Loan department.
DML invoices borrowing institutions monthly. Payment is due within 30 days of the invoice date. Payment may be made by VISA, MasterCard, or by check.
Non-profit organizations (associations, public & academic libraries, government.):
$12 per item)/$10 additional rush charge**
For-profit organizations (law firms, corporations):
$30 per item/$15 additional rush charge**
**Rush charges apply if the item is required within 4 hours of placing the request.
District of Columbia 5.75% sales tax applies to all interlibrary loan lending fees. If your organization is exempt from DC sales tax, submit a copy of the District of Columbia Sales and Use Tax Exemption Certificate to:
Dahlgren Memorial Library
Georgetown University Medical Center
ATTN: Interlibrary Loan Coordinator
Washington, DC 20057-1420
Common questions about DML's Document Delivery Service