The division of Instructional Technology Design and Development (ITDD) in Dahlgren Memorial Library supports GUMC / MGUH faculty and staff who wish to enhance effective teaching methods with the latest learning technologies. ITDD staff provides consultation, training, and individual assistance in applying Web/multimedia technologies to enhance teaching.
View/Download the ITDD Brochure
ITDD and the Instructional Technology Lab (ITL) are located in the Biomedical Academic Computing Center (BACC) on the Lower Level of Dahlgren Memorial Library.
Instructional Technology Support for Faculty
The division of Instructional Technology Design and Development (ITDD) in Dahlgren Memorial Library supports GUMC/ MGUH faculty and staff who wish to enhance effective teaching methods with the latest learning technologies. ITDD staff provides consultation, training, and individual assistance in applying web/multimedia technologies to enhance teaching.
ITDD supports the Instructional Technology Lab (ITL), where GUMC faculty and staff can use software and hardware for web and multimedia development and request one-on-one training or consultation by appointment. These services are available at no cost. For more information or appointment contact Taeyeol Park.
- Interactive e-learning module development
- Narrated lecture slide and online quiz design
- Blackboard and Collaborate
- Clickers in classroom
- Lecture capture (Echo360)
- Digital audio/video and streaming
- CIRCLE and ITEL grant projects
Gallery of Instructional Web and Multimedia Applications
These are the faculty projects, for developing instructional materials to improve teaching and learning, supported by the Instructional Technology Design and Development (ITDD) staff.
Examples of Web-based Instruction Faculty Projects
- Interactive Web page - Neuroscience Lab - Dr. Nabil Azzam
- Interactive Web page - Pathology Course Guide - Dr. Mary Furlong
- Web site development - Pathology Course Guide - Dr. Mary Furlong, Dr. Norio Azumi
- Online interactive quiz - Pathology Quizzes - Dr. Mary Furlong
- Web slide collection - CPC's - Dr. Mary Furlong
Examples of Instructional Multimedia Faculty Projects
- Video streaming - Gross Anatomy Video - Dr. Carlos Suarez-Quian
- Delivering lecture videos - Teaching in the Hospital: Making the Most of Clinical Rounds - Dr. Bonnie Green
- Tutorials using motion screen capture videos - Blackboard Student Guide - Dr. Peter Andrews
- Adobe Captivate project/Narrated PowerPoint/Flash - Electronic Prescribing: Basics - Dr. Steven Schwartz
- Flash-based Interactive Narrated Lecture Presentation with Video - Urinary System - Dr. Peter Andrews