Services and Resources for MedStar Georgetown University Hospital
Dahlgren Memorial Library’s Hospital Outreach Service improves MedStar Georgetown University Hospital’s quality of patient care, research and education by providing high quality information services and resources.
Clinical Informationists Jonathan Hartmann and Emily Alagha provide MGUH with many information services, including:
- Information support on teaching rounds
- Research (including literature searches and consultations)
- Library orientations
- Workshops on DML databases and resources
- Handheld support
The Library is open 24/7 to users with a MedStar GUH ID or GU GOCard. Library staff are present Monday-Friday, 8am-8pm.
MGUH staff may enter the library anytime by presenting their MedStar GUH ID or GU GOCard. Between 8:00 pm – 8:00 am you may need to knock on the door for the security guard to let you in.
Borrowing privileges are granted upon presentation of a MedStar GUH ID or GU GOCard.
Document Delivery is provided for materials not owned by DML. This means that DML will, on your behalf, borrow an article or book from another library. Please note:
- Document Delivery services are available to Georgetown University Medical Center affiliates. Document Delivery costs are subsidized by DML for those affiliates.
- Article and book chapter requests can take 2-5 business days for electronic delivery.
- Entire book requests will take longer and are not delivered electronically.
- Requests are prioritized by the “Not wanted after” date entry in the request form.
DML Document Delivery inquires can be sent to: firstname.lastname@example.org