Electronic Resources Policy
Responsible Use of Electronic Resources
The resources provided by Dahlgren Memorial Library (DML) are subscribed electronic resources for the use of the Georgetown University Medical Center community. These resources include databases, Point-of-Care tools, journals, books, and more.
Although the use parameters are unique to each resource; generally permitted uses include:
- Non-commercial or personal research
- Scholarly research
- Course instructional materials
- Sharing of usernames/passwords
- Excessive, systematic downloading/printing of content
- Text mining without prior discussion with Dahlgren Memorial Library
- Posting content on social media sites
Many of the subscription agreements include portions from the U.S. Copyright Act. If you would like to know more, please go to the DML Copyright 101 research guide.
Using subscribed resources for non-permitted purposes can lead to a variety of consequences such as individual/campus-wide access denials or legal action.
Questions? Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org