Flash & Dash Workshops:
All Flash & Dash workshops are thirty minutes in length and are located in the BACC Classroom on the Lower Level of Dahlgren Memorial Library. No sign-up is needed
- Flash and Dash…make it your lunch time retreat! A flash of information/inspiration allows you to dash back to the office or your study cubicle in no time.
- Refreshing beverages and ideas await you!
- Under thirty minutes. Informal. All levels of experience welcome. Get up to speed on all the new research tricks, gadgets, widgets, resources, updates, iterations, and upgrades.
Dates & Topics
- Thursday, 8/15: Library 101 — Welcome to DML
- Wednesday, 8/21: A Beginner’s Guide to iPad Usage
- Thursday, 8/29: Finding the Full-Text Article
- Friday, 9/6: Library 101 — Welcome to DML
- Thursday, 9/12: iPad Productivity: Cloud, Notes + PDF Apps
- Thursday, 9/19: RefWorks — Manage Citations & Create Bibliographies
- Monday, 9/23: Create In-Text Citations with Write-n-Cite (RefWorks)
- Tuesday, 10/1: At the Bedside — Finding Authoritative Information at the Point-of-Care
- Friday, 10/4: Finding the Full-Text Article
- Tuesday, 10/8: Open Access Publishing — What Researchers & Readers Need to Know
- Thursday, 10/24: Finding Gray Literature — Tracking Down Unpublished Sources
- Friday, 11/8: Clinical + Research Apps
- Thursday, 11/21: RefWorks — Manage Citations & Create Bibliographies
- Friday, 12/6: Create In-Text Citations with Write-n-Cite (RefWorks)
One Hour Workshops:
Time-Saving Tips for Researchers
When it comes your literature review, do you feel like you aren't as efficient as you could be? We could all use a little help in organizing and managing our literature review process. Come learn how to utilize RefWorks in order to manage your citations, whether individually or collaboratively as part of a research team. Learn tips for saving searches, sharing and organizing with collaborators, and keeping up-to-date with new literature on your topic as it develops.
Preparing to Publish
Your study results are complete, and you're in the process of writing and submitting to a journal! Whether you're working individually or in a team, this stage of research can be stressful and time consuming. Learn how to best identify an appropriate journal for publication, streamline your manuscript preparation, and avoid common problems within the publication process.